Shopping Small on Father’s Day: 10 Gift Ideas from Black-Owned and Local Businesses
You know how men are always saying we’re hard to shop for? Well, we’d argue it goes both ways. But fear not. If you’re still hunting for the perfect gift, we’ve curated a list of 10 Father’s Day gift ideas from local PWN and Black-owned businesses for every type of dad. Enjoy!
For the Wine Connoisseur
Maison Noir Wines "P-Oui" is made from a cross section of vineyards throughout the Willamette Valley. This bottle in particular is “complex and soulful” with tasting notes of strawberry and funk. Is Dad not a Pinot Noir guy? Check out Maison Noir Wines’ full selection to find the right bottle for him. Black-owned business; PNW local.
For the Foodie
- Trade St. Jam Co. is a chef, woman and minority-owned and certified business. They strive to share their 10+ years of culinary knowledge in the form of a small batch foodstuffs that can be used in cocktails, salad dressings, BBQ sauces, marinades, pan sauces & more. The sampler collection is a great way to bring some excitement and innovation to dad’s kitchen. Black-owned business
- Order a s'mores kit (or two) from 1927 S’mores and have a bonfire! Bring the kit to your backyard, next family vacation, or beach day. Portland local.
For the Morning Routine Guy
- Buy them a coffee subscription from their favorite local cafe! Some of our favorites include Good Coffee, Coava Coffee, Deadstock Coffee and Never Lab. Portland local/Black-owned businesses.
- Prefers coffee or tea? Here’s another curated gift box option: this tea box from Brooklyn Tea. Whether the dad in your life is just getting into tea, trying to wean themselves off their daily 4 cups of coffee, or a lifelong tea connoisseur, this box will introduce them to some tried and true favorites. Black-owned business.
For the Homebody
228 Grant Street Candle Co. makes handmade, small-batch scented soy candles and home fragrance products out of Baltimore, Maryland. Yay for products made in the USA! We have our eye on the Oakmoss + Amber Apothecary Jar-- it’s warm and cozy while still creating an outdoorsy atmosphere from home. Other “masculine” scent standouts: Mahogany + Teakwood, Tonka + Oud, and Tobacco + Patchouli. Black-owned business
For the Dad Exploring Self-Care
- Portland x Rosé makes graphic tees and paper goods that inspire unapologetic self-care, so it’s perfect for the dad who knows his boundaries. When a dude sports one of these unisex tees that were made with women in mind, it’s both funny and strangely on-point. Black-owned business; Portland local.
- Goddamn Man Co. has a range of self care goodies to choose from, so whether he’s only into beard care or open to trying a *gasp* skin serum, they’ve got you covered. Throw their gift into one of these sturdy, wool dopp bags for easy, on-the-go care. Portland local.
For the Beer or Cider Lover
There are a number of PDX breweries that offer tasting kits and subscriptions year-round, but the Swift Cider 12-can case stands out from the crowd. This micro-brewery has a super fan base and their case deals let you try seasonal, award-winning ciders and hard seltzers at up to 40% off of retail prices. Portland local.
For the Adventurer
Plan an outdoor experience like camping, hiking, rafting or fishing. Whatever his favorite activity, knowing you’re dedicating the day to enjoy it with him will be a Father’s Day gift he’s sure to remember. Pair it with a treat from Next Adventure to round out the celebration. Portland local.
Wishing you and the Dads in your life a bright, healthy and love-filled Father’s Day! Enjoyed reading? Be sure to sign up for our mailing list/newsletter to be the first to know when we publish a new blog post! You can also follow us on IG for more #momlife resources.